De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Al Arafat
Al Arafat
Al Arafat  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:22
Engels naar Bengalees
+ ...
Dec 29, 2013

Hi, I am new to CAT tools. Client supplied me a .sdlxliff file generated by his TRADOS. I have uploaded it to my MemoQ. And after completing this very small file, I sent back the exported .sdlxliff file to the client. But, he could not open it with his TRADOS and got the following message.

"The 'g' start tag on line 2017 does not match the end tag of 'mrk'. Line 2017, position 756."

Then I checked my MemoQ and tried to upload same exported file and I got s
... See more
Hi, I am new to CAT tools. Client supplied me a .sdlxliff file generated by his TRADOS. I have uploaded it to my MemoQ. And after completing this very small file, I sent back the exported .sdlxliff file to the client. But, he could not open it with his TRADOS and got the following message.

"The 'g' start tag on line 2017 does not match the end tag of 'mrk'. Line 2017, position 756."

Then I checked my MemoQ and tried to upload same exported file and I got same error message.

Any clue?

Thanks,
A.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spanje
Local time: 14:22
Lid 2005
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Some tag is missing/in wrong position Dec 29, 2013

This looks like some tag problem. Maybe some tag is missing from the translation or is in the wrong position in the translations.

If you no longer have it in memoQ, reimport the original file you received for translation, retranslate it (Operations - Pretranslate), and then check whether any of the segments has quality issues (yellow bolt icon on the right hand-side of the translation). Double click the yellow bolt and see what the explanation of the problem is. Chances are that one
... See more
This looks like some tag problem. Maybe some tag is missing from the translation or is in the wrong position in the translations.

If you no longer have it in memoQ, reimport the original file you received for translation, retranslate it (Operations - Pretranslate), and then check whether any of the segments has quality issues (yellow bolt icon on the right hand-side of the translation). Double click the yellow bolt and see what the explanation of the problem is. Chances are that one or several or the tags are missing or misplaced.

In any segment containing tags, it is always best to copy the source to the target (Edit - Copy source to target, or keyboard shortcut Alt+Insert) and then translate the text.

To make sure all tags are alright, do a Run QA (Operations - Run QA) and see whether any of the items in the list of issues refers to tags. Doble click the issue to go to the affected segment.

I hope this is it!

Now, I am thinking of two more possibilities here:
- You do not have SDL Studio and simply imported the SDLXLIFF file into memoQ without presegmenting it in Studio, and this is causing some problem. If you offer translation of Studio files, it is always best to have Studio, open the SDLXLIFF file in Studio and copy the source to target in all segments, to make sure that memoQ gets correct segments. In theory memoQ should process SDLXLIFF files without this presegmentation, but it is always best to presegment in Studio.

- The source and target languages chosen for the memoQ project are not the right ones and this is causing some parsing problem along the line.
Collapse

Al Arafat
Al Arafat  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:22
Engels naar Bengalees
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thank you, however it did not work Dec 31, 2013

Really, thanks.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:22
Fins naar Frans
Upload? Dec 31, 2013

Al Arafat wrote:
Then I checked my MemoQ and tried to upload same exported file and I got same error message.

By "upload", do you mean you have a copy of SDL Trados Studio (if so, which version) and you tried to import the translated SDLXLIFF into Studio?

Have you contacted [email protected] about this, sending them the offending SDLXLIFF?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ-Trados Conversion Problem: .sdlxliff

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »