Pargeo
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 24, 2015

Hi,
A question from a newbie (studying the programme during the trial period):

I tried to import a Word file using a filter which removes portions of the text (namely, beginning-of-line dashes, numbers etc.). The filter works ideally on the preview file, but when I try to use it on the actual document, the following error message comes out:
Inline tags and memoQ {tags} are allowed to appear only after the last chained filter. Unsupported tag "rpr" found in the previous f
... See more
Hi,
A question from a newbie (studying the programme during the trial period):

I tried to import a Word file using a filter which removes portions of the text (namely, beginning-of-line dashes, numbers etc.). The filter works ideally on the preview file, but when I try to use it on the actual document, the following error message comes out:
Inline tags and memoQ {tags} are allowed to appear only after the last chained filter. Unsupported tag "rpr" found in the previous filter's output.:"
... and the file fails to import.

The cascaded filter (Regex text filter) is configured as follows - in "Include / Exclude":
1. \-\s (with "^" in "before") - to remove beginning-of-paragraph dashes
2. \d{1,}\.\d{1,}[\s\t]* (with "^" in "before") - to remove legal style numbering
3. \(?[a-zA-Z0-9]+[\.\)][\s\t]* (with "^" in "before") - to remove the remaining numbering.

As I said, this works on the preview and on my Excel test file, but it fails to import the actual file containing various formatting.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to make this cascading filter work properly not only on the test file?

(MEMOQ version 7.8.53)
Collapse

Manuel Arcedillo
Manuel Arcedillo
Spain
Local time: 15:51
English to Spanish
It works for me in simple docx and xlsx file Aug 25, 2015

Hi,

Those rules worked fine for me. I tested docx and xlsx files with these three lines:

- Text
2.1 Text
A. Text

And only "Text" was imported in all cases. Have you tried importing the file without the regex filter? If it does import fine, try each rule one by one to see if only one of them causes the problem.

You can also try contacting memoQ support and sending them your file so they can fix the filters in case it is a bug with s
... See more
Hi,

Those rules worked fine for me. I tested docx and xlsx files with these three lines:

- Text
2.1 Text
A. Text

And only "Text" was imported in all cases. Have you tried importing the file without the regex filter? If it does import fine, try each rule one by one to see if only one of them causes the problem.

You can also try contacting memoQ support and sending them your file so they can fix the filters in case it is a bug with specific formats.

[Edited at 2015-08-25 10:47 GMT]
Collapse

Pargeo
Pargeo
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:51
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kilgray answered... Aug 25, 2015

I've got a reply from Kilgray - which I should have figured out by myself, unfortunately.

Essentially, only the LAST-IN-CHAIN filter may generate any tag, but not the first one. So, if the primary filter (the one which imports the file) encounters ANY formatting tag, this error message is generated. This means that in order for this filter to work, the document to be imported essentially may not contain any change in formatting within the segments. That is why these filters w
... See more
I've got a reply from Kilgray - which I should have figured out by myself, unfortunately.

Essentially, only the LAST-IN-CHAIN filter may generate any tag, but not the first one. So, if the primary filter (the one which imports the file) encounters ANY formatting tag, this error message is generated. This means that in order for this filter to work, the document to be imported essentially may not contain any change in formatting within the segments. That is why these filters worked on my sample Word and Excel documents and refuse to work on the actual document I need to import for translation.

The Kilgray engineer said this is 'by design' (Why???) and advised me to mark up the original document (sure, and what about the Excel and PowerPoint docs which don't even have the ability to mark up the text as hidden???)

Very disappointed, tbh...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message while importing Word file with a chained filter

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »