Keep segment status on import (rtf) MemoQ 2015
Автор темы: Therese Palmkvist
Therese Palmkvist
Therese Palmkvist
Швеция
Local time: 08:47
английский => шведский
Sep 11, 2016

I get pre translated memoq bilingual rtf files from my client, with segment statuses such as match percentage, locked, confirmed etc, and when I import them into memoq all segments get the status 0%, is there a way to keep the status on import? Maybe even import the confirmed segments to my TM?
Thank you

CD_Schuster
CD_Schuster
Германия
Local time: 08:47
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Only possible with memoQ XLIFF Sep 13, 2016

Hi Therese,

I believe this is not possible with bilingual rtf files. You would need a memoQ XLIFF file from your client to also import the segment status and match rate. You could then also save all confirmed segments to your TM simply via "Preparation -> Confirm and Update".

Maybe ask your client whether it would be possible to work with memoQ XLIFF instead of bilingual rtf?

Otherwise, a somewhat complicated solution would be to change the bi
... See more
Hi Therese,

I believe this is not possible with bilingual rtf files. You would need a memoQ XLIFF file from your client to also import the segment status and match rate. You could then also save all confirmed segments to your TM simply via "Preparation -> Confirm and Update".

Maybe ask your client whether it would be possible to work with memoQ XLIFF instead of bilingual rtf?

Otherwise, a somewhat complicated solution would be to change the bilingual rtf file to import the segment status also as a comment (copy contents of "Status" column to "Comment" column). This would then allow you to filter for all segments with "Confirmed" comments, for example, and then confirm all of these. Of course, you have to be very careful with manipulating the bilingual rtf file, as the client may have problems reimporting your translation.

Greetings,
Chris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keep segment status on import (rtf) MemoQ 2015

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »