David Van der Vloet  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:20
Member (2006)
English to Flemish
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Hey all,
I am running Trados version 6.5.5 build 439 and have recently bought a new computer and had to reinstall it. Now, when I use the open/get button, I don't get a text in blue and one in yellow as I should but a simple "{}" is inserted into the source text.
Example:
(Suppose I want to translate the word 'carpark')
Carpark
"position cursor"
"click open/get"
Result:
Car {} park or Ca{} rpark
depending on where I had positioned the cursor
... See more
Hey all,
I am running Trados version 6.5.5 build 439 and have recently bought a new computer and had to reinstall it. Now, when I use the open/get button, I don't get a text in blue and one in yellow as I should but a simple "{}" is inserted into the source text.
Example:
(Suppose I want to translate the word 'carpark')
Carpark
"position cursor"
"click open/get"
Result:
Car {} park or Ca{} rpark
depending on where I had positioned the cursor.
Has any of you ever encountered this problem and would you know how to solve it? I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and am quite annoyed with Trados now... as I can't use it for my translations anymore. Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:20
English to German
+ ...
Search the forum for "curly brackets" Mar 21, 2006

Hi,
Very often, this behaviour has been caused by term recognition problems - does this still occur when you deactivate term recognition?

You may want to search the forum for "curly brackets".

Best, Ralf

Sergei Nikolenko
Sergei Nikolenko  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:20
English to Russian
Interference with antivirus software Mar 22, 2006

This cand be a result of antivirus software blocking macroses in Word. If you have antivirust installed, make sure it does not block macroses in Word. In Kaspersky Antivirus (which I am using) this fiture is called Office Guard and shoold be disabled.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open/Get plugin does not function as it should

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »