TagEditor spell checker doesnot support target language
Thread poster: aleda
aleda
aleda
Local time: 14:54
English to Spanish
May 22, 2006

Hello everybody..
I am having problems with TagEditor (5.5).
I cannot activate the spell checker in the target language doc (ttx). I try to place the pointer in the beginning of a phrase to start checking, but the pointer doesn´t appear.. i have to open the segment and then it is available in the main toolbar, but when i activate an error message appears: "The spell checker does not support the current target language".
Does someone know what is the problem here? I guess there
... See more
Hello everybody..
I am having problems with TagEditor (5.5).
I cannot activate the spell checker in the target language doc (ttx). I try to place the pointer in the beginning of a phrase to start checking, but the pointer doesn´t appear.. i have to open the segment and then it is available in the main toolbar, but when i activate an error message appears: "The spell checker does not support the current target language".
Does someone know what is the problem here? I guess there must be a little thing that i can´t see.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Ale
Collapse

Federica Masante
Federica Masante  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
Italian to English
+ ...
Similar problem May 22, 2006

I also have a similar problem and thought I would post it here instead of opening a new thread.
I am doing a proofing job in TagEditor and the spell check option is greyed out - can anyone explain why this might be? This happens regardless of whether Workbench is running or not.
Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Regards,

Federica

Federica Masante
Federica Masante  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
I solved my problem... May 22, 2006

It was really simple, this is how to do it:

Go to Tools - Plug-ins and check if the "Spelling Checker" plug-in is activated.

Ale, I hope someone will come up with a solution to your problem!!

Best,

Federica

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Spell checker is a plug-in for TagEditor May 22, 2006

that needs to be activated: you do that in Tools/PlugIns in 7.0

Second, if one is using Word spell checker, it needs to have the target language installed - this is not as self-evident as it might seem.

That would be the first two checks on the problems mentioned above.

aleda
aleda
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
The Plug-ins are activated May 22, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:

that needs to be activated: you do that in Tools/PlugIns in 7.0

Second, if one is using Word spell checker, it needs to have the target language installed - this is not as self-evident as it might seem.

That would be the first two checks on the problems mentioned above.

Hello Vito, my TagEditor version is 5.5, and the plug-ins are activated. The spell checker is activated, what happens is that cannot support the target language as it says... but Spanish is one of the basic languages Trados and TagEditor supports so.. do you know if there´s an option to check my target languages setting for spell checker somewhere? It seems the program doesn´t recognize the Spanish language.. and in the Workbench languages are ok, so.. i don´t know..

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I am working with 7.0 version TagEditor May 23, 2006

so I can't be of any help (more like a possible source of confusion) when it comes to earlier versions.

btw, 5.5 smacks of pre-2003 office, which is the other can of worms.

Sorry, pal...

[EDIT]hint: make some foobar TM to translate from Spanish to English and check if English spell-checker kicks in. If it works, then it is the spanish side of the spell checker that does not respond.

One point more: Could it be that you have a variant of SP i
... See more
so I can't be of any help (more like a possible source of confusion) when it comes to earlier versions.

Sorry, pal...

[EDIT]hint: make some foobar TM to translate from Spanish to English and check if English spell-checker kicks in. If it works, then it is the spanish side of the spell checker that does not respond.

One point more: Could it be that you have a variant of SP indicated in TM (like SP-AR or whatever) instead of the generic SP (Castillan)? Am grasping for straws here...

[Edited at 2006-05-23 06:09]
Collapse

aleda
aleda
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
everything has been checked... May 23, 2006

Thanks Vito for your efforts in trying to help me.. i really appreciate that.
Well, i have checked in the TM that Spanish is Modern Sort as i always have used.. not Castillian.. i did my translation with Modern Sort Spanish so.. i don´t know.
What can i do if the Spanish part of the spell checker doesn´t work? Everything is getting more difficult i see...

Kind regards,
Ale

Vito Smolej wrote:

Sorry, pal...

One point more: Could it be that you have a variant of SP indicated in TM (like SP-AR or whatever) instead of the generic SP (Castillan)? Am grasping for straws here...

[Edited at 2006-05-23 06:09]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor spell checker doesnot support target language

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »