Egypt
Local time: 17:57
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Jul 1, 2022

Matthias Brombach wrote:

... my advice I already gave on a similar "case" a few weeks ago:
As long as these agreements are covered by a jurisdiction that does not apply to your country, the worst you have to be afraid of is that the other party does not pay. You are living in Egypt and the other party is settled not in Egypt, right? What does the NDA say about the country/place of the competent court? It is doubtful that they will start an international legal case via a local lawyer based in your country to foster any of their claims when suspected of breach by you. If you are in urgent need of that job, then sign that worthless piece of paper they may have found elsewhere on the Internet, go ahead and do your best to perform the assignment they perhaps have in spare for you one day. The only naughty thing I would dare to ask them would be how I may open a legal case in their country should they for no reason forget to pay you completely or in full. Rule of thumb: If they don't wanna pay, they don't gonna pay.

[Bearbeitet am 2022-06-25 10:31 GMT]

Thank you for your reply,

You're making some good points there considering the possibility that they don't pay. I hope it doesn't come to that. Also, I know it's a tiny chance that this NDA will be put to use in courts at all as I'm not intending to break it in the first place and because like you said I'm based in Egypt and they are based elsewhere.

I'm just trying to understand the NDA better and get some opinions because I'm not in the favor of the idea of signing blindly any piece of paper.

Thanks again, your reply helped.

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Exactly Jul 2, 2022

Even successfully shaking down a resident of their own country using an NDA would be exceedingly unlikely, but managing to trouble you all the way in Egypt with some English-language foreign jurisdiction document? Sounds impossible.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is this NDA safe?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »