Tomasz Poplawski
Tomasz Poplawski  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:03
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Why are you so protective? Dec 4, 2011

Guys,
Why are you all so protective of this company? Is this also a part of samurai code?
I firmly believe names should be mentioned as publicly as possible. Report them on Blue Board! Warn others who most likely will not see this thread. What stops you?
I always do - and actually, after my BB posts, I got paid a long overdue fee more than once.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:03
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Not samurai code, Tomasz Dec 4, 2011

Tomasz Poplawski wrote:

Guys,
Why are you all so protective of this company? Is this also a part of samurai code?
I firmly believe names should be mentioned as publicly as possible.

The reason why nobody is naming the company here is not about protecting the company. It is about observing forum rules, specifically this one:
http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/8#8

"Outsourcers may not be discussed specifically. Posts or comments regarding a specific outsourcer (identified by name, reference, link or other means), whether positive or negative, are not permitted. (To indicate their likelihood of working again with a given outsourcer, site users should use the ProZ.com Blue Board.)"

Tomasz Poplawski
Tomasz Poplawski  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:03
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
I stand corrected Dec 4, 2011

But then again, I suggested BB myself.
was it used? Because if not, my question remains valid...

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Tomas Dec 4, 2011

[quote]Tomasz Poplawski wrote:

Guys,
I firmly believe names should be mentioned as publicly as possible. Report them on Blue Board! Warn others who most likely will not see this thread. What stops you?
I always do - and actually, after my BB posts, I got paid a long overdue fee more than once.

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for responding to my forum posting. I'm just respecting the Proz.com forum rules and I just want to protect my client's confidentiality agreement. These people invented around 7 different lies in order to avoid paying my translation company or to get a big discount from them.

That's why I'm not putting their name in the forum.

Thanks.

Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Miss Katalin Dec 4, 2011

Hi Katalin,

Thanks for responding to my forum posting. I was referring to different agencies not only to The Better Business Bureau. Some of them are the Department of Labor, The Department of Consumer Affairs or even The Japanese Courts may have records if they were ever sued because of dishonesty.

I have found complaints about dishonest translation agencies with the Department of Labor of California, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Virginia in the past.I also found cou
... See more
Hi Katalin,

Thanks for responding to my forum posting. I was referring to different agencies not only to The Better Business Bureau. Some of them are the Department of Labor, The Department of Consumer Affairs or even The Japanese Courts may have records if they were ever sued because of dishonesty.

I have found complaints about dishonest translation agencies with the Department of Labor of California, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Virginia in the past.I also found court records of a dishonest translation company from Albany, New York and another one in California through The courts of both states.

The company is Japanese but they are based in The United States. The reason why I changed the name of the Forum posting was because Mario seem to be offended when I said that the company is from Japan. Please look at his comments.

Thanks.
Yugoslavia

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

The Better Business Bureau is not a government agency.
http://www.bbb.org/us/About-BBB/
"Role of BBB
BBB is the only business organization whose purpose is to advance trust across the marketplace. "

I personally don't know any organization in Japan that would provide the same role as the BBB in the US.

But as others already pointed out in other threads, the BBB is focusing on business to consumer issues, and an outsourcer-freelancer transaction is a business to business type of transaction, which is outside of their scope of operation.

It is still unclear to me whether the company you are talking about a Japanese company or a US company. Once you said it was a Japanese company, in the other posting you said "it is based in the US". But you are still looking for "blacklists" in Japan. It is confusing. The important thing is the registered address of the company's headquarters (as it is likely to be in the same country where the business was incorporated).

Once it is clear whether it is a US or Japanese company, you may want to change the title of this thread, although I suspect the timeframe for editing has passed, and now you need to ask a moderator to edit the title for you.

Katalin

[Edited at 2011-12-03 23:56 GMT]
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Still don't understand Dec 4, 2011

The company is Japanese but they are based in The United States.

You repeated this statement a few times already, but it does not make sense.
Is it a Japanese company with a branch office in the US? Or is it a US company with a Japanese name?
And why are you looking for court records? Are you still not sure whether they are lying to you? Are you planning on suing them?

But most importantly: Have you posted a Blue Board entry regarding this company?
If they are not on the BB, you can make a new entry.
Why don't you go ahead and do that?
You can also call for entries by others, if you are looking for more input on this company. It is only a click of a button on the right side of the Blue Board page of the company.

Katalin

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:03
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Japanese or American? Dec 5, 2011

yugoslavia wrote:
The reason why I changed the name of the Forum posting was because Mario seem to be offended when I said that the company is from Japan. Please look at his comments.

Me, offended? No. I just invited you to be more consistent. You started talking about a "dishonest Japanese company" (I won't say that there are no dishonest Japanese companies, on the contrary) but then you said that this company is based in the United States. If I am not mistaken and I understand English enough, it means that it's not a Japanese company, right? As Katalin said, make a BB entry so we can understand and maybe help you.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
If the company is located in the USA Dec 5, 2011

Mario Cerutti wrote:

yugoslavia wrote:
The reason why I changed the name of the Forum posting was because Mario seem to be offended when I said that the company is from Japan. Please look at his comments.

Me, offended? No. I just invited you to be more consistent. You started talking about a "dishonest Japanese company" (I won't say that there are no dishonest Japanese companies, on the contrary) but then you said that this company is based in the United States. If I am not mistaken and I understand English enough, it means that it's not a Japanese company, right? As Katalin said, make a BB entry so we can understand and maybe help you.

it is an American company, no matter who runs it. Then, what is the point in finding a government agency in Japan that would have records of dishonest Japanese companies? A lot of points remain to be clarified in this thread.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The company is Japanese but they have an office in USA. Dec 5, 2011

Hi jyuan_us,

The company is Japanese but they have an office in The United States. That's why I'm trying to find a Japanese government agency that may have records about them.

Thanks.

Yugoslavia

jyuan_us wrote:

Mario Cerutti wrote:

yugoslavia wrote:

it is an American company, no matter who runs it. Then, what is the point in finding a government agency in Japan that would have records of dishonest Japanese companies? A lot of points remain to be clarified in this thread.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Hi Mario,

I'm sorry I thought that you were angry.

The company is really Japanese but they have an office in The United States. That's why I'm trying to find a Japanese government agency that may have records about them. It's difficult for me to write bad about them in the Blue Board because they are the clients of my translation agency.My translation agency may get angry with me because of this.

Please understand me.

Thanks.

Yugoslavia

yugoslavia wrote:

Me, offended? No. I just invited you to be more consistent. You started talking about a "dishonest Japanese company" (I won't say that there are no dishonest Japanese companies, on the contrary) but then you said that this company is based in the United States. If I am not mistaken and I understand English enough, it means that it's not a Japanese company, right? As Katalin said, make a BB entry so we can understand and maybe help you. [/quote]

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Hi Miss McClure

The company is really Japanese but they have an office in The United States. That's why I'm trying to find a Japanese government agency that may have records about them. It's difficult for me to write bad about them in the Blue Board because they are the clients of my translation agency.My translation agency may get upset with me because of this. I just want to prove to my client that they are being dishonest. They said some lies about me to avoid paying us even I di
... See more
Hi Miss McClure

The company is really Japanese but they have an office in The United States. That's why I'm trying to find a Japanese government agency that may have records about them. It's difficult for me to write bad about them in the Blue Board because they are the clients of my translation agency.My translation agency may get upset with me because of this. I just want to prove to my client that they are being dishonest. They said some lies about me to avoid paying us even I did a very good interpretation performance in their conference. I'm not planning to file a lawsuit. I just want to find out if they were ever sued or were involved in a lawsuit.

Please understand me.

Thank you very much.

Yugoslavia

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

The company is Japanese but they are based in The United States.

You repeated this statement a few times already, but it does not make sense.
Is it a Japanese company with a branch office in the US? Or is it a US company with a Japanese name?
And why are you looking for court records? Are you still not sure whether they are lying to you? Are you planning on suing them?

But most importantly: Have you posted a Blue Board entry regarding this company?
If they are not on the BB, you can make a new entry.
Why don't you go ahead and do that?
You can also call for entries by others, if you are looking for more input on this company. It is only a click of a button on the right side of the Blue Board page of the company.

Katalin
Collapse

JPMedicalTrans
JPMedicalTrans
Japan
Local time: 17:03
German to Japanese
+ ...
Japan Fair Trade Commission Dec 5, 2011

Hi Yugoslavia,

Sorry to hear that you are in trouble, but I guess I found the Japanese government agency you are looking for. It’s Japan Fair Trade Commission (http://www.jftc.go.jp/shitauke/index.html) who takes care of issues surrounding subcontracting. However, the website does not have English version yet.

Hope this will help you solve your problem.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 5, 2011

Hi Exceline,

Thank you so much.

I will inquire about this today.

Best regards,

Yugoslavia

Hi Yugoslavia,

Sorry to hear that you are in trouble, but I guess I found the Japanese government agency you are looking for. It’s Japan Fair Trade Commission (http://www.jftc.go.jp/shitauke/index.html) who takes care of issues
... See more
Hi Exceline,

Thank you so much.

I will inquire about this today.

Best regards,

Yugoslavia

Hi Yugoslavia,

Sorry to hear that you are in trouble, but I guess I found the Japanese government agency you are looking for. It’s Japan Fair Trade Commission (http://www.jftc.go.jp/shitauke/index.html) who takes care of issues surrounding subcontracting. However, the website does not have English version yet.

Hope this will help you solve your problem.

[/quote]
Collapse

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:03
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Who hired you? Dec 5, 2011

yugoslavia wrote:

It's difficult for me to write bad about them in the Blue Board because they are the clients of my translation agency.My translation agency may get angry with me because of this.

This is getting confusing, who hired you: the Japanese company or an agency?
If an agency hired you then they should pay you, whether the Japanese company pays or not.

Marina

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Miss Soldati. Dec 6, 2011

Hi Miss Soldati,

It was the translation agency who hired me for this interpretation project. Some of the Japanese staff invented some lies about me to avoid paying my client. I'm just trying to defend myself and show my client that I'm right.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yugoslavia

yugoslavia wrote:

It's difficult for me to write bad about them in the Blue Board because they are the clients of my translation agency.My translation agency may get angry with me because of this.

This is getting confusing, who hired you: the Japanese company or an agency?
If an agency hired you then they should pay you, whether the Japanese company pays or not.

Marina [/quote]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dishonest Japanese American Company

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »