Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:14
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Still confusing Dec 6, 2011

I am sorry, but it seems impossible for me to comprehend the situation. Could you explain once and for all, clearly, what is the relationship between you, the agency, the Japanese-American company and the client - so far you mentioned these entities to be part of the deal.
Were you hired by an agency to interpret for the Japanese company's US branch office?
OR
Is the "agency" that you are referring to is in fact the Japanese company's US branch office?
AND Who is the "cli
... See more
I am sorry, but it seems impossible for me to comprehend the situation. Could you explain once and for all, clearly, what is the relationship between you, the agency, the Japanese-American company and the client - so far you mentioned these entities to be part of the deal.
Were you hired by an agency to interpret for the Japanese company's US branch office?
OR
Is the "agency" that you are referring to is in fact the Japanese company's US branch office?
AND Who is the "client", that you keep referring to?

Just to simplify things, the usual relationship is that there is the "end client" who needs the interpretation, so it hires an "agency" to find an interpreter. The agency then finds an interpreter and contracts him for the work. The interpreter goes to the end client's place and performs the interpretation job. The end client pays the agency (based on the terms stipulated in the contract between them), and the agency pays the interpreter (again, based on the terms stipulated in the contract between them, which is independent of the other contract between the agency and the end client).

You should be getting your payment from the agency. If you have a dispute with them, that should be settled based on the contract between the two of you.
If the agency has a dispute with the end client, that should be settled based on the contract between the agency and the end client.
Any complaints about quality should be handled on the basis of these contracts between the respective parties. Remember, you have no contractual relationship with the end client.

Katalin
Collapse

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Dec 9, 2011

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

OR
AND Who is the "client", that you keep referring to?

Just to simplify things, the usual relationship is that there is the "end client" who needs the interpretation, so it hires an "agency" to find an interpreter. The agency then finds an interpreter and contracts him for the work. The interpreter goes to the end client's place and performs the interpretation job. The end client pays the agency (based on the terms stipulated in the contract between them), and the agency pays the interpreter (again, based on the terms stipulated in the contract between them, which is independent of the other contract between the agency and the end client).

You should be getting your payment from the agency. If you have a dispute with them, that should be settled based on the contract between the two of you.
If the agency has a dispute with the end client, that should be settled based on the contract between the agency and the end client.
Any complaints about quality should be handled on the basis of these contracts between the respective parties. Remember, you have no contractual relationship with the end client.

Katalin

Hi Miss Katalin,

I'm sorry about the delay. I got 4 interpretation assignments this week. I got also sick with a cold.

I will answer you shortly.

Thanks.

Yugoslavia

JPMedicalTrans
JPMedicalTrans
Japan
Local time: 20:14
German to Japanese
+ ...
No PMs, please! Dec 14, 2011

Hi Yugoslavia:

Please kindly use this thread to ask your questions. As I’ve told you, my time and resources are limited. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Exceline

[2011-12-14 19:41 GMTに編集されました]

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry Dec 14, 2011

Hi Exceline

I'm really sorry to disturb you. I was waiting for a Japanese person to answer me. I'm going to sleep now so I will put the question that I sent you tomorrow.

Thanks

Yugoslavia.

Hi Yugoslavia:

Please kindly use this thread to ask your questions. As I’ve told you, my time and resources are limited. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Exceline

[/quote]

JPMedicalTrans
JPMedicalTrans
Japan
German to Japanese
+ ...
Please post your question in your thread! Dec 26, 2011

Hi Yugoslavia,

I don’t think Japanese government agencies are not yet in holiday. As I’ve repeatedly explained, please post your questions here in your thread and do not contact me directly. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Exceline

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Holiday days in Japan Dec 28, 2011

Hi Exceline and Dear Colleagues from Japan,

I tried to call the Japanese Ministry of Labor and Health, I tried to call the Fair Trade Commission of Japan but nobody is answering the phone. I also tried to call the Japanese emperor's office but I didn't get any answer either

I was wondering if the Japanese government offices are closed during those days.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Yugoslavia

[Edited at 2011-12-28 13:09 GMT]

arcanjp
arcanjp
Canada
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Holiday days in Japan Dec 29, 2011

Hi,

Japanese government offices are closed until January 3rd.

They should be working on the 4th, although I don't think the Emperor's office will answer your complaints, as they don't deal with that kind of issues.

Anyway, I truly hope your problem gets solved soon.

ikeda45
ikeda45  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
Not sure but Dec 29, 2011

Hello Yugoslavia,

I don't exactly know about their holiday schedule but I guess they will come back at least on the 5th of Jan like many companies in Japan. But I doubt if they will be of any help to you.

This year I received two questionnaires from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare concerning my clients' payment terms, etc. but I don't think they publish any blacklist of bad companies. If such a list exists, I should have known about it by now.

A
... See more
Hello Yugoslavia,

I don't exactly know about their holiday schedule but I guess they will come back at least on the 5th of Jan like many companies in Japan. But I doubt if they will be of any help to you.

This year I received two questionnaires from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare concerning my clients' payment terms, etc. but I don't think they publish any blacklist of bad companies. If such a list exists, I should have known about it by now.

Anyway, I hope you'll have a peaceful new year.

PS. after posting this, I noticed that arcanjp answered your question.

[Edited at 2011-12-29 15:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-12-29 15:36 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dishonest Japanese American Company

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »