Most of the texts and pictures on a Word file are almost hidden and not appear clearly
Thread poster: Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 23:58
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
Oct 24, 2021

Hi,

I have received a Word file that most of its texts and pictures are not appearing clearly. I think something is wrong and needs to be changed so that the texts and pictures can be properly shown.

See here some screenshots:

Any quick
... See more
Hi,

I have received a Word file that most of its texts and pictures are not appearing clearly. I think something is wrong and needs to be changed so that the texts and pictures can be properly shown.

See here some screenshots:

Any quick help, please?

[Edited at 2021-10-24 17:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-10-25 11:15 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-10-25 11:16 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:58
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Lamine Oct 25, 2021

Lamine Boukabour wrote:
I have received a Word file that most of its texts and pictures are not appearing clearly. I think something is wrong...

Your client probably sees it this way also (and surely your client would have opened the file before sending it to you).

You can try to change the colour of all text to something darker. Press Ctrl+H to bring up the Find/Replace dialog. Click More Options. Tick the "Wild cards" option. In the Find field, type "?" (a question mark without quotes). Click inside the Replace field so that your cursor is there, then click Format > Font > and select a dark font colour. Then do "Replace all". This should hopefully find/replace all characters with something darker, even if they're in text boxes.

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
That works Oct 25, 2021

Samuel Murray wrote:

Lamine Boukabour wrote:
I have received a Word file that most of its texts and pictures are not appearing clearly. I think something is wrong...

Your client probably sees it this way also (and surely your client would have opened the file before sending it to you).

You can try to change the colour of all text to something darker. Press Ctrl+H to bring up the Find/Replace dialog. Click More Options. Tick the "Wild cards" option. In the Find field, type "?" (a question mark without quotes). Click inside the Replace field so that your cursor is there, then click Format > Font > and select a dark font colour. Then do "Replace all". This should hopefully find/replace all characters with something darker, even if they're in text boxes.

Thank you.
I tried and managed to see the texts, but the pictures are still hidden.

Lars Jelking
Lars Jelking  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:58
English to Swedish
+ ...
Header? Oct 28, 2021

Rightclick on the text and see if it is a header. If so, open it and do your edit.

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Not a header Oct 28, 2021

Lars Jelking wrote:

Right-click on the text and see if it is a header. If so, open it and do your edit.

Thanks. It's not a header, I think the issue can't be solved because it has first occurred when trying to convert the original PDF file into a Word document.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Most of the texts and pictures on a Word file are almost hidden and not appear clearly

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »