Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:10
ProZ.com-tag
spanyol
+ ...
Apr 9, 2009

I'm posting this here because I've submitted support tickets in the past about the same issue. Actually, I submitted three support tickets, but the notifications problems have occurred more times than that. The thing is that the jobs are displayed in my main page, I have all the requisites to quote and, in fact, I'm able to quote on them. I just don't receive the notification for certain jobs and I don't see why not.

One of the reasons I'm a paying member is to be able to quote on j
... See more
I'm posting this here because I've submitted support tickets in the past about the same issue. Actually, I submitted three support tickets, but the notifications problems have occurred more times than that. The thing is that the jobs are displayed in my main page, I have all the requisites to quote and, in fact, I'm able to quote on them. I just don't receive the notification for certain jobs and I don't see why not.

One of the reasons I'm a paying member is to be able to quote on jobs, so not getting a job notification is a big deal. Just today, I opened the main page and say two jobs that weren't in my email inbox. It turned out that I met all the criteria to quote on those jobs, I even got the brand new green box, and I even was able to quote on one of them, but no notifications.

Right now, there's at least one job on the main page that is not in my inbox. Even though it's not in my field of work, it's not restricted to that field so I should have gotten that notification.

By the way, I have checked my dashboard and it's set to 'Immediate alerts' in 'All fields'. I actually changed it from 'My interest fields' to 'All fields' after the my last support ticket.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Claudia

PS. I posted this on the ProZ.com bugs thread but it's not showing up on the main page. Moderator, feel free to post my other post at (link).
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
MUNKATÁRS
Please submit a support request Apr 9, 2009

Hello Claudia!

In order to determine why you were not notified of a job posting (or several), I will need you to specify the job(s) in question.

Could you please open a support request and provide the job(s) URL(s)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lucia

Claudia Alvis
Peru
ProZ.com-tag
spanyol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Done Apr 9, 2009

Thank you Lucia, I just submitted a support request. Please don't delete this post because I'd like to know if someone else has the same problem.

Regards,

Claudia

Elisabete Cunha
Elisabete Cunha  Identity Verified
Portugália
Local time: 07:10
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - portugál
+ ...
It has just happened to me Apr 9, 2009

Today I was surprised to see at the job board an assignment for which I met all the requirements but I didn't receive any notification. Perhaps I should also submit a support ticket.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 03:10
MUNKATÁRS
Your best bet is the support system Apr 9, 2009

Hi all,

Please do, Elisabete. General problems are possible, but not common or likely. Many factors go into job notifications, from the basic information in your profile (language pairs, fields, rates, etc.) to more specific criteria set via your dashboard. The best way to pinpoint why you didn't receive notification of a particular job or jobs is to submit all relevant details through the support system. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Claudia Alvis
Peru
ProZ.com-tag
spanyol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Solved Apr 9, 2009

I just received a reply from Lucia. The problem with those two jobs is that I had chosen to receive notifications for jobs from companies with a 3+ LWA and one of the jobs was posted by an agency without a LWA. I also submitted a suggestion to remove agencies with no LWA from this restriction because many direct clients don't have a LWA score.

About the other job, even though there was no restriction box or notice, the job seemed to have been restricted to a field outside my experti
... See more
I just received a reply from Lucia. The problem with those two jobs is that I had chosen to receive notifications for jobs from companies with a 3+ LWA and one of the jobs was posted by an agency without a LWA. I also submitted a suggestion to remove agencies with no LWA from this restriction because many direct clients don't have a LWA score.

About the other job, even though there was no restriction box or notice, the job seemed to have been restricted to a field outside my expertise even though I didn't see it--the field was on the title only and I wasn't gonna quote on that job for other reasons as well, but the point is that I didn't get the notification.

Thanks to the support team.
Collapse

Valery Kaminski
Valery Kaminski  Identity Verified
Belarusz
Local time: 09:10
angol - orosz
+ ...
Same here Apr 9, 2009

I noticed the same thing happening to me. I have a look at the home page and there is a job I qualify for but have never been notified about. There were several situations like this. As I was quite overloaded I did not send a ticket but I will the next time this happens. I met several good clients bidding at Proz and it would be a shame to let some glitch in the system spoil another encounter

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
MUNKATÁRS
FAQ edited Apr 9, 2009

Hi all,

I edited the existing FAQ on jobs notifications here.

Hope this helps clarify!

Bests,

Lucia

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:10
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Thanks, Claudia Apr 9, 2009

Claudia Alvis wrote:

The problem with those two jobs is that I had chosen to receive notifications for jobs from companies with a 3+ LWA and one of the jobs was posted by an agency without a LWA.

I hadn't thought about the possibility that posters with no LWA might be filtered out.

Greetings!
Andrea

Premium✍️
Premium✍️  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 23:10
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - francia
+ ...
It has been an ongoing problem for a long time, for me. Apr 9, 2009

Since I don't earn a living from quoting on Proz jobs, and given that my long-time clients contact me directly, I have not had time or bothered to raise this issue.

Not receiving multiple quotes in my inbox is a good thing though, I wouldn't like it to be submerged with tons of notifications.
But indeed, I have not received job notifications for a long time. I don't know what's wrong. I believe my job notifications are properly set, but so that everyone knows I am confirming h
... See more
Since I don't earn a living from quoting on Proz jobs, and given that my long-time clients contact me directly, I have not had time or bothered to raise this issue.

Not receiving multiple quotes in my inbox is a good thing though, I wouldn't like it to be submerged with tons of notifications.
But indeed, I have not received job notifications for a long time. I don't know what's wrong. I believe my job notifications are properly set, but so that everyone knows I am confirming here that you are not alone.
**I sometimes only receive the rare ProZ Connect notifications. That's it.

Have a great weekend everybody.
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
MUNKATÁRS
Notifications log page Apr 10, 2009

Hi MultiPro,

I checked your Notifications log page and I see that classic jobs notifications are being sent to your email address.

What you can do is check if emails from ProZ.com are not being spam-filtered or contact your email provider to ensure that all messages sent from ProZ.com are being "white-listed" and that they are not having any temporary email delivery problems.

Or else, try chang
... See more
Hi MultiPro,

I checked your Notifications log page and I see that classic jobs notifications are being sent to your email address.

What you can do is check if emails from ProZ.com are not being spam-filtered or contact your email provider to ensure that all messages sent from ProZ.com are being "white-listed" and that they are not having any temporary email delivery problems.

Or else, try changing your primary email account for your secondary one for a while and submit a support request if the problem persists after that.

Hope this helps!

Please let me know how everything goes.

Bests,

Lucia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I don't get all jobs notifications even though I can quote on them

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »