more than agreed help
Thread poster: Karletto
Karletto
Karletto
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Sep 24, 2009

Hello

I got a job: "CAMERA catalogue". The text is in PDF which has to be delivered in DOC. It was about general engineering with a lot of numers and signs. I delivered the text few hours after the deadline and the boss didn't have problems with it.

The job said: "3500 words" but it became 2500. Because the text is also about Camcorders the boss said "You didn't do what we agreed on."

He can't expect me to translate all that text in such short period.
... See more
Hello

I got a job: "CAMERA catalogue". The text is in PDF which has to be delivered in DOC. It was about general engineering with a lot of numers and signs. I delivered the text few hours after the deadline and the boss didn't have problems with it.

The job said: "3500 words" but it became 2500. Because the text is also about Camcorders the boss said "You didn't do what we agreed on."

He can't expect me to translate all that text in such short period. I feel like my part is done.

WHEN YOU DECIDE TO BUY A CAR IN AN ADVERT, YOU GO AND BUY THE CAR.. IT'S NOT THAT YOU ALSO BUY THE HOUSE WHICH IS IN THE BACKGROUND.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:30
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Gregor Sep 25, 2009

I wonder if you have discussed the details of the job with the outsourcer BEFORE you accepted the job. You should have discussed everything - wordcount, format, time of delivery, methods and terms of payment, etc. And, of course, which pages in that catalog should be translated and which ones omitted. If you haven't done this and started working without clear instructions - I am afraid, it is your problem if you did something wrong or not in time.

Best,
Natalia

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:30
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Scope definition Sep 25, 2009

Rule number one of project management: define completely the scope of the job to be done before starting the execution of the job.

Regards,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

more than agreed help

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »