changing the rating on the blueboard
Thread poster: roak
roak
roak
United States
German to English
Nov 22, 2006

If I have a different experience with an outsourcer and I wish to change my rating, how do I do it? Earlier I guess there were the edit and delete options provided in the field titled OPTIONS beside the rating.
Can someone advise?
Thanks

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 16:46
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Only possible if there is no reply Nov 22, 2006

Hi roak,

It is only possible to edit your comment if the outsourcer has not replied to your original comment.

HTH

Nancy

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:46
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
New feedback is possible after 1 year Nov 22, 2006

I believe that feedback for outsourcers can be posted again after 1 year, provided that in the meantime there have been more contracts with them.
In other words, no furter feedback, positive or negative, should be posted if it refers to the same old experiences for which feedback has been posted already

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-11-22 20:19]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:46
English to German
+ ...
Building a BB history Nov 23, 2006

Hi Ravindra,
Editing an entry is possible for up to one year, after which time you can only delete it (provided that the outsourcer has not responded).

Assuming that you have worked with the same outsourcer again since the time you posted your original entry, please post another one. The rationale behind permitting a new entry every twelve months is to build a history of entries over time - therefore, we encourage posting a new entry to reflect the status quo (always assuming
... See more
Hi Ravindra,
Editing an entry is possible for up to one year, after which time you can only delete it (provided that the outsourcer has not responded).

Assuming that you have worked with the same outsourcer again since the time you posted your original entry, please post another one. The rationale behind permitting a new entry every twelve months is to build a history of entries over time - therefore, we encourage posting a new entry to reflect the status quo (always assuming there is new work experience).

HTH, Ralf

PS Here's the relevant FAQ entry:

19. Can I make more than one entry per outsourcer?

Yes, you may make one entry per outsourcer per year--provided that you have worked for the outsourcer again before adding an additional entry. You may not make multiple entries on the basis of a single experience.

[Edited at 2006-11-23 05:02]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

changing the rating on the blueboard

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »