Word/Line count Software - which is the best?
Thread poster: Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:55
German to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2003

Hello colleagues,

For some time now I have been considering purchasing a word/line count software, but am still not sure which one would be the best buy.

I have heard of Practicount and Total Assistant and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these or similar software, for that matter.

I would have quite liked to purchase a software with which you can also issue bills, but as I have been unable to find any with which you can enter different line
... See more
Hello colleagues,

For some time now I have been considering purchasing a word/line count software, but am still not sure which one would be the best buy.

I have heard of Practicount and Total Assistant and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these or similar software, for that matter.

I would have quite liked to purchase a software with which you can also issue bills, but as I have been unable to find any with which you can enter different line prices, I decided against this (that is unless, of course, anyone can tell me of any that do).

I would be grateful for any advice or recommendations.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Sarah
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:55
English to Dutch
+ ...
Practicount Nov 24, 2003

Sarah Downing wrote:

Hello colleagues,

I would have quite liked to purchase a software with which you can also issue bills, but as I have been unable to find any with which you can enter different line prices, I decided against this (that is unless, of course, anyone can tell me of any that do).

Sarah

does the job just fine IMHO.
I've been using it since its inception and have no complaints whatsoever.

Good luck!

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:55
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Practicount Nov 24, 2003

Use Practicount; it is dead easy and has many useful settings (like for html for example you can check whether you want it to count alt tags, meta tags etc)

Spiros Doikas
www.translatum.gr/cv.htm

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 03:55
English to German
+ ...
suggestion / practicount Nov 25, 2003

Hi!

I would suggest practicount, at best one of the latest issues, because here you can do word couting line, paragraph and page counting aswell and integrate well into the billing aspect. I personally suggest practicount. Positive
Bandis

Evert DELOOF-SYS wrote:

Sarah Downing wrote:

Hello colleagues,

Sarah

does the job just fine IMHO.
I've been using it since its inception and have no complaints whatsoever.

Good luck!

Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:55
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to everyone ... Nov 30, 2003

... for your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Sarah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word/Line count Software - which is the best?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »