DNS9 Preferred
Autor de la hebra: Marcus Coombs
Marcus Coombs
Marcus Coombs  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:48
español al inglés
Mar 14, 2007

I've been using DNS9 Preferred for the last few months and it's been working fine. However, I've had a slight problem this afternoon with a message that keeps popping up while dictating:

"NS has reached the max amount of speech data that can be saved. You may continue dictating but some speech data may become unavailable"

Any way I can rectify this? It looks like I need to free up some space somewhere.

Many thanks!

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 19:48
español al inglés
+ ...
In Memoriam
an idea... Mar 14, 2007

Marcus,

This may not be the source of the problem, but have you tried closing the program and clicking the box that appears at that point asking if you want the data saved?

I had this problem when I had Preferred "read" an audio file--it quickly maxed out, but I saved what it had "learned" and then went on from there.

Patricia

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Alemania
inglés al alemán
Do Acoustic Optimization Mar 14, 2007

Hello Marcus,

I believe you can either do an Acoustic Optimization (Tools/Accuracy Center/Run the Acoustic and Language Model Optimizer) which results in all speech data saved during past dictations being merged into your speech files ("acoustic/language model") or, alternatively, you can increase the space reserved for speech data saved between two acoustic optimizations (Tools/Options/Data/Store corrections in archive--Archive size).

Endre

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
México
Local time: 20:48
Miembro 2006
inglés al español
+ ...
RAM Mar 14, 2007

Marcus Coombs wrote:

"NS has reached the max amount of speech data that can be saved. You may continue dictating but some speech data may become unavailable"

Hi, Marcus

Do you have enough RAM and free space in your hard disk?

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Miembro 2003
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Maybe... Mar 14, 2007

I remember seeing this message at some point in DNS 8, when the function that allows you to have the computer read back your translation to you was activated. In my case, the message referred only to the saving of the complete dictation as separate audio file, not to any other speech data. Check whether you have this option activated and, if yes, see what happens when you deactivate it.

Marcus Coombs
español al inglés
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
DNS 9 Preferred Mar 15, 2007

Endre Both wrote:

Hello Marcus,

I believe you can either do an Acoustic Optimization (Tools/Accuracy Center/Run the Acoustic and Language Model Optimizer) which results in all speech data saved during past dictations being merged into your speech files ("acoustic/language model") or, alternatively, you can increase the space reserved for speech data saved between two acoustic optimizations (Tools/Options/Data/Store corrections in archive--Archive size).

Endre

That's great. I've just tried it. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks!

Marcus Coombs
español al inglés
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
DNS9 Preferred Mar 15, 2007

Patricia Rosas wrote:

Marcus,

This may not be the source of the problem, but have you tried closing the program and clicking the box that appears at that point asking if you want the data saved?

I had this problem when I had Preferred "read" an audio file--it quickly maxed out, but I saved what it had "learned" and then went on from there.

Patricia

Thanks Patricia. I've just given Endre's option a go first...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS9 Preferred

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »