Thread poster: florence metzger
florence metzger
florence metzger  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:53
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
Jan 20, 2009

I am 41 years old and I have been studying English for several years (at university). During these years, I went several times to the UK (often London) but, unfortunately, I know nobody there. In spite of my efforts (websites of language exchange, emails to some French schools in the UK, etc.), I have never managed to know penfriends with whom I could exchange emails and whom I could meet in the UK or in France. I would like to improve my English.
Any idea on how to find a penfriend?

fm1
fm1
Local time: 13:53
English to German
+ ...
Internet Jan 20, 2009

Hi Florence,
you could try on Craigslist and gumtree.com I got to know a bunch of friendly people thanks to these sites.
Good luck!

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:53
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use the Proz Exchange feature Jan 20, 2009

Use this feature and post your ad, I am sure you will get some answers of people interested: http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange

Good luck!

florence metzger
florence metzger  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:53
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 27, 2009

Thank you for your answers!
Florence

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Penfriends in London

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »