Stati Uniti
Local time: 22:20
Membro (2005)
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
IPHONE給你多少回佣啊﹐這麼愛它﹖ Oct 16, 2008

isahuang wrote:

Denyce Seow wrote:

说到用手机发 email,有没有人知道怎么让 Blackberry 显示中文字?

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 10:20
Membro (2004)
Da Cinese a Inglese
Staying with Blackberry Oct 17, 2008

I'm a loyal Blackberry fan. Aiming at Blackberry Storm (http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrystorm/features.shtml) but I don't think it is ever coming to Singapore. Might have to get one sent from the US. This is an amazing phone. Can't live without it now.

Jason Ma
Jason Ma  Identity Verified
Cina
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
Denyce, how do you like "I not stupid"? Oct 17, 2008

**I Not Stupid**, the movie and TV episodes.

I watched the first part of the movie and clips of TV episodes. Very tourching.

Denyce Seow wrote:

I'm a loyal Blackberry fan. Aiming at Blackberry Storm (http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrystorm/features.shtml) but I don't think it is ever coming to Singapore. Might have to get one sent from the US. This is an amazing phone. Can't live without it now.

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Membro (2004)
Da Cinese a Inglese
I Not Stupid Oct 18, 2008

It was produced by a Singaporean, Jack Neo. I find the movie very close to my heart because I grew up in a similar situation. The pressure that children in Singapore face is getting bigger and bigger. Parents send their kids to montessori when they are as young as two years old just so that they get an early start in life. Kids here lead a more hectic life than some adults. Their weekends are packed with piano classes, swimming lessons and drama courses. The list goes on and on. My 8-year-old co... See more
It was produced by a Singaporean, Jack Neo. I find the movie very close to my heart because I grew up in a similar situation. The pressure that children in Singapore face is getting bigger and bigger. Parents send their kids to montessori when they are as young as two years old just so that they get an early start in life. Kids here lead a more hectic life than some adults. Their weekends are packed with piano classes, swimming lessons and drama courses. The list goes on and on. My 8-year-old cousin is a typical example. One day he came home sulking. When his mum asked him why, he said it was because he got 97/100 in his Maths test and was afraid his dad would punish him. 97, for Pete's sake!! It is sad, you know. Kids today do not know how it really feels like to be kids. It was not this bad for me when I was a kid. I wonder what it will be like in 10 years.

We have a few more good movies you should watch:
881 (http://www.881themovie.com) A movie about 七月歌台
钱不够用 and 钱不够用 2 (Money No Enough)

I don't know if non-Singaporeans can appreciate these movies, especially the jokes and Hokkein language used, but I can tell you that the movies truly reflect the lives of Singaporeans. And look at the English titles - SINGLISH! Haha.

[Edited at 2008-10-18 04:40]
Collapse

Jason Ma
Jason Ma  Identity Verified
Cina
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
Starting from 1990s Oct 18, 2008

Kids in Mainland China are facing the same situation. I've justed returned from a Ping Pang club with my 8 year old son. Fortunately, he really enjoys the game. But for some other kids of his age, it is not a game anymore, when they are practising, they have to live up to their parents expectation of world champion.
We do have similar kind of after-school classes for kids during weekends and holidays. Many parents send their children to learn painting, mathmatics, and most of all, to lea
... See more
Kids in Mainland China are facing the same situation. I've justed returned from a Ping Pang club with my 8 year old son. Fortunately, he really enjoys the game. But for some other kids of his age, it is not a game anymore, when they are practising, they have to live up to their parents expectation of world champion.
We do have similar kind of after-school classes for kids during weekends and holidays. Many parents send their children to learn painting, mathmatics, and most of all, to learn English. English classes are mushrooming, just like remedial English classes in Singapore as we see in I NOT STUPID.

Thanks for recommending other Singaporean movies, I'll try to find them.

[Edited at 2008-10-18 06:55]
Collapse

LIZ LI
LIZ LI  Identity Verified
Cina
Da Francese a Cinese
+ ...
My Curiosity about Singaporeans Oct 20, 2008

Denyce Seow wrote:

It was produced by a Singaporean, Jack Neo. I find the movie very close to my heart because I grew up in a similar situation. The pressure that children in Singapore face is getting bigger and bigger. Parents send their kids to montessori when they are as young as two years old just so that they get an early start in life. Kids here lead a more hectic life than some adults. Their weekends are packed with piano classes, swimming lessons and drama courses. The list goes on and on. My 8-year-old cousin is a typical example. One day he came home sulking. When his mum asked him why, he said it was because he got 97/100 in his Maths test and was afraid his dad would punish him. 97, for Pete's sake!! It is sad, you know. Kids today do not know how it really feels like to be kids. It was not this bad for me when I was a kid. I wonder what it will be like in 10 years.

We have a few more good movies you should watch:
881 (http://www.881themovie.com) A movie about 七月歌台
钱不够用 and 钱不够用 2 (Money No Enough)

I don't know if non-Singaporeans can appreciate these movies, especially the jokes and Hokkein language used, but I can tell you that the movies truly reflect the lives of Singaporeans. And look at the English titles - SINGLISH! Haha.

[Edited at 2008-10-18 04:40]

Denyce, just would like to know, do Singaporeans speak Eng, Mandarin, Taiwanese, Hokkien,Hakka,Cantonese...etc, just like Malaysians do?

BTW, my little cousin doesn't really know how to PLAY now, except for those video games.

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Membro (2004)
Da Cinese a Inglese
Languages in Singapore Oct 20, 2008

Gosh, this is complicated. Haha. Well, I'll just talk about people in my generation. All of us know English. In fact, English is the first language taught in schools. It is also our official working language. Chinese, Malay and Tamil are our second languages. In schools, Chinese kids take Chinese as their second language, Malay kids take Malay and Indian kids take Tamil. However there are exceptions. Some Malay and Indian parents choose to let their kids take Chinese.

Singapore is
... See more
Gosh, this is complicated. Haha. Well, I'll just talk about people in my generation. All of us know English. In fact, English is the first language taught in schools. It is also our official working language. Chinese, Malay and Tamil are our second languages. In schools, Chinese kids take Chinese as their second language, Malay kids take Malay and Indian kids take Tamil. However there are exceptions. Some Malay and Indian parents choose to let their kids take Chinese.

Singapore is like a salad bowl. We mix with people from different races every day. Therefore we tend to pick up their languages. My dad speaks Malay. He did not learn it in school; he learned it when he was living in a kampung (Malay word for "village"). When I was working with Hyatt, I had many Malay colleagues. They spoke Malay between themselves all the time, so I picked up many words too. I don't remember them now.:p

Many Chinese families speak dialects such as Hokkein, Hakka, Cantonese and Teochew. My family speaks Hokkein. I understand Cantonese and Teochew and I speak a bit of Cantonese too. I learned Cantonese from watching HK TV with my mum when I was a teenager. I speak Hokkein and Chinese with my parents. My youngest brother who is 26 years old is not very fluent in Hokkein though. He speaks Chinese with my parents and English with me.

When I am with friends, I use Chinese or English, depending on the situation and who it is. With some friends, I even use Singlish. It's more fun.

Denyce
Collapse

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 12:20
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
说到手机收发邮件 Oct 20, 2008

一直想买一个收发电子邮件方便的手机,不知道有什么推荐?

好像Blackberry在收发邮件上是老大,但是我在网上搜了一下,好像在中国Blackberry是和中国移动绑定在一起的,月功能费要398,这个哪能让人吃得消?如果通过其他方式购买,还能通过它收发邮件吗?

我目前的手机可以登录到网站,但是在输入用户名和密码之后,总是说cookies没有启动。弄了半天,也不知道怎么启动,就算了。但是就算启动成功,我还是要经常登陆到网站查看邮件。可不可以这样:邮件来时,有短信或其他方式提醒?

LIZ LI
LIZ LI  Identity Verified
Cina
Da Francese a Cinese
+ ...
Wow, that's a lot of fun Oct 20, 2008

Denyce Seow wrote:

Singapore is like a salad bowl. We mix with people from different races every day. Therefore we tend to pick up their languages. My dad speaks Malay. He did not learn it in school; he learned it when he was living in a kampung (Malay word for "village"). When I was working with Hyatt, I had many Malay colleagues. They spoke Malay between themselves all the time, so I picked up many words too. I don't remember them now.:p

Many Chinese families speak dialects such as Hokkein, Hakka, Cantonese and Teochew. My family speaks Hokkein. I understand Cantonese and Teochew and I speak a bit of Cantonese too. I learned Cantonese from watching HK TV with my mum when I was a teenager. I speak Hokkein and Chinese with my parents. My youngest brother who is 26 years old is not very fluent in Hokkein though. He speaks Chinese with my parents and English with me.

When I am with friends, I use Chinese or English, depending on the situation and who it is. With some friends, I even use Singlish. It's more fun.

Denyce

I was told that in Asia Pacific countries, people tend to speak several languages and dialects,which is...cooooool.

In Guangdong where my family lives, there are only 3-4 languages and dialects . I live in Shenzhen where most of the people speak Mandarin, my mom's from a small town next to Guangzhou so we speak mainly Cantonese at home, and my dad is pure Hakka descendant. I can understand Hakka but difficult for me to speak out a whole sentence. My family is quite common in the southern part, but less common in the north. Some of my friends in Beijing could hardly imagine how we communicate as they speak only Mandarin.

There are also quite a lot of my friends who are from Teochew-Hakka combinations can speak several ones.

Hokkein is less common in Guangdong, but a lot of Taiwan Biz men have their business and the whole family here, so that would be a great advantage if someone who speaks Hokkein doing business with them.

We started learning Eng from normally grade 3 in primary school, so it's also been years. And since it's NOT illegal to download those Hollywood films in the mainland, our generation has been greatly influenced by US movies and soap operas. For example, everyone is crazy about Prison Break, and the leading role of PB is currently visiting BJ...it's somehow disaster here in Beijing...

[修改时间: 2008-10-20 15:54]

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Membro (2004)
Da Cinese a Inglese
BLACKBERRY! Oct 20, 2008

My Blackberry subscription costs S$60 per month. This is on top of the S$25 per month I pay for a normal mobile line. My monthly mobile bill is about S$95. But I must tell you: IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!!! I love Blackberry. I had a Nokia e51 before Blackberry but I found it very troublesome. I had to get a broadband line (S$22 per month) so I could have unlimited internet access. It's cheap but here's the problem: it has its own SIM card. That means I have to switch between my broadband SIM card and ... See more
My Blackberry subscription costs S$60 per month. This is on top of the S$25 per month I pay for a normal mobile line. My monthly mobile bill is about S$95. But I must tell you: IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!!! I love Blackberry. I had a Nokia e51 before Blackberry but I found it very troublesome. I had to get a broadband line (S$22 per month) so I could have unlimited internet access. It's cheap but here's the problem: it has its own SIM card. That means I have to switch between my broadband SIM card and mobile line SIM card all the time! And it was a hassle logging into my email account every time I wanted to check my emails.

I believe in some countries you can get instant email notifications on your mobile phone by subscribing to services like the one Yahoo has. However this does not work in Singapore. My mobile phone company offers an email notification service but I'll only get five notifications per day. That's not enough! It costs only S$5 per month but it just doesn't work for me!!

Blackberry works in a totally different way!

My emails come to me almost instantly (sometimes even faster than my Yahoo Messenger notification on my laptop). I read and reply emails on my Blackberry when I am not at my desk. It also allows me to open attachments. My only problem now is that I can't read Chinese characters on it.

You can use Yahoo Messenger, MSN, Skype, AOL, ICQ, etc. on Blackberry. You log on and they stay in the background. When someone buzzes you, a screen pops up. That's all. I even make Skype calls (PC-to-PC and PC-to-phone) with it!

I had many questions before buying a Blackberry. I mean, I had to think twice because the price was relatively steep. I forked out S$900 for this baby. But hey, it is a really useful gadget for a translator. You won't regret it, trust me. I think you have to get it through China Mobile. You can buy the device elsewhere but the line has to be with China Mobile (I THINK). If you are really going to get a Blackberry, go for at least a Curve. Take a look at Storm and Bold too.

Maybe there are other similar gadgets out there or gadgets with even better functions, but right now I am in my Blackberry world and I am berry berry satisfied!

Denyce
Collapse

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Membro (2004)
Da Cinese a Inglese
Prison Break! Oct 20, 2008

lilianleelala wrote:

everyone is crazy about Prison Break, and the leading role of PB is currently visiting BJ...it's somehow disaster here in Beijing...

Woooo, Wentworth Miller/Michael Scofield! His dreamy eyes....*drools* Who else is there? Sarah? Season 5 is on right now. I am so happy that Sarah is still alive! Michael has put on weight! Haha. Well, but he got rid of his tatoo so now he does not have to wear long-sleeve shirts anymore. We get to see some meat/muscles, eh! Haha. I find Lincoln super boring. He's like a.... a.... a.... beefcake! And Teddy is scaaaaary!

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
Cina
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
用windows mobile Oct 21, 2008

Chinese Concept wrote:

一直想买一个收发电子邮件方便的手机,不知道有什么推荐?

好像Blackberry在收发邮件上是老大,但是我在网上搜了一下,好像在中国Blackberry是和中国移动绑定在一起的,月功能费要398,这个哪能让人吃得消?如果通过其他方式购买,还能通过它收发邮件吗?

我目前的手机可以登录到网站,但是在输入用户名和密码之后,总是说cookies没有启动。弄了半天,也不知道怎么启动,就算了。但是就算启动成功,我还是要经常登陆到网站查看邮件。可不可以这样:邮件来时,有短信或其他方式提醒?

申请个139.com邮箱,再将你的主邮箱设置转发,一有邮件就转发到你的139.com邮箱里,139.com邮箱收到信后会给你发短消息通知。收到通知后马上登录webmail或使用outlook mobile下载新邮件。139.com是收费的,一个月1块钱,适合像我们这些在国内的穷人使用。

windows mobile 手机市面上很多,很强大,很便宜,很好玩。最新版本的windows mibile的 IE 对网页和网站的解析跟电脑上的差不多,一些需要登录的非常复杂的网站(例如某些翻译公司的管理网站)都可以登录并下载文档。

如果你使用symbian系统的诺基亚手机,建议你安装一个ucweb,浏览网站收发邮件都很好用。我用的是windows mobile版本的。

我相当一部分的邮件甚至是proz.com的应标都是在手机上操作的。而我一个月仅仅需要多支付10(cmnet包月20MB)+1(139.com邮箱)元。实现了Denyce妹妹拥有的全部功能,但却节省了一大堆的钱。对了,我的windows mobile 手机可是能使用中文的哦,我知道Denyce的黑寡妇倒霉不能用中文,哈哈!

你可去http://bbs.pdafans.com/去研究一下。

[Edited at 2008-10-21 07:10]

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Membro (2004)
Da Cinese a Inglese
Login很麻烦 Oct 21, 2008

可是用黑寡妇不用login啊,按REPLY就可以了。嘿嘿。我以前在德国时也用过象你那样的solution,但O2只显示首200个字(好象是200,忘了,不过就是没有全部显示),每次我都得login才能读整个email及回复。麻烦啦。你的方法确实便宜很多,但我这种懒人还是乖乖stick to 我的Blackberry.

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
Cina
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
是没有原汁原味的pushmail方便 Oct 21, 2008

Denyce Seow wrote:
可是用黑寡妇不用login啊,按REPLY就可以了。嘿嘿。我以前在德国时也用过象你那样的solution,但O2只显示首200个字(好象是200,忘了,不过就是没有全部显示),每次我都得login才能读整个email及回复。麻烦啦。你的方法确实便宜很多,但我这种懒人还是乖乖stick to 我的Blackberry.

我这不用输入用户名密码那样的login的,但要打开网页或打开outlook点“发送/接收”。
好像中国移动也有windows mobile版本的pushmail客户端。但比较贵,不划算。

Pagine:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Rita Pang[Call to this topic]
David Lin[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

这段时间破财了

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »