Thread poster: A Zafar
A Zafar
A Zafar
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:46
Arabic to English
+ ...
Jun 2, 2021

*Translation due in 2 hours, which was begun on MemoQ: current situation is I have no MemoQ!*

Hi everyone,

I just tried to update my MemoQ 9.7. After the update had finished, my MemoQ icon had disappeared. So I clicked on the installation package instead. And this is the message I get:
Screenshot 2021-06-02 140600

Last time I updated MemoQ, there was also a problem (I can't remember what) that seemingly fixed itself on around the 10th try of trying to open it.

As a temporary solution, is there a way of recovering what already exists of the TT from my MemoQ project files? I have them saved in the cloud. Then I can sort out MemoQ after this deadline.

Thanks all.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:46
English to Russian
This message means that memoQ still running when you attempt to install new files Jun 2, 2021

Try Task Manager to abort all memoQ related processes. If you work on an online project, synchronization can be the culprit. Also try to reboot your computer, turn off your internet connection and repair or reinstall memoQ. You mentioned that you keep your project files in the cloud... Er... That's why. When this error message pops up, disconnect the internet and press Retry. Maybe this would be enough (but not sure).
This situation may happen when someone else uses the same account to wor
... See more
Try Task Manager to abort all memoQ related processes. If you work on an online project, synchronization can be the culprit. Also try to reboot your computer, turn off your internet connection and repair or reinstall memoQ. You mentioned that you keep your project files in the cloud... Er... That's why. When this error message pops up, disconnect the internet and press Retry. Maybe this would be enough (but not sure).
This situation may happen when someone else uses the same account to work on your current [online] project. For example, when a PM is checking the status of your work at the same time when you run the installation process. The last resort is re-installing memoQ with Windows running in safe mode.

[Edited at 2021-06-02 14:11 GMT]
Collapse

A Zafar
A Zafar
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:46
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The files stored on the cloud are just a backup Jun 2, 2021

Thanks Stepan. The cloud files are just backup files - the ones linked to MemoQ are the ones saved on my actual PC. MemoQ support have got back to me - they say it's because of a corrupted XML file.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:46
English to Russian
Ah, I see now Jun 2, 2021

Hope they'll help you sort it out.
I understand that you are under pressure now because of your deadline, but could you please share [later, when you are done with your work] how you fixed the corrupted XML issue. For future reference.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeleteFile failed: code 5

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »